Asthma & COPD Clinic
KRMC®'s Asthma / COPD Clinic is led by our nurses, in conjunction with our GPs. The Clinic's focus includes:
- the diagnosis and management of Asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- lung function tests (spirometry)
- instruction on the correct use of inhalers
- bulk-billed Care Plans and Self-Management Plans tailored to each patient's needs.
- the Clinic is open to KRMC® patients only and is bulk-billed for Medicare card holders.
For more information and to book an appointment in the Asthma / COPD Clinic, please call Reception on 8822 3000.
The Diabetes Clinic is led by our doctors in conjunction with our nurses and allied health providers. Together they are able to tailor a bulk-billed Care Plan to suit each diabetic patient's medical needs and to advise on the management of their condition. An initial assessment is followed by regular follow-up appointments.
- our Diabetes Educator can provide self-management education, as well as information, motivation and support to aid in the prevention of diabetes-related complications
- our Dietitians can be consulted on the best food choices for diabetics and can offer advice on food labelling
- our Exercise Physiologist is on hand to design an exercise program aimed at keeping our diabetic patients mobile
- our Podiatrist can help out with any problems affecting the feet due to poor circulation.
The Clinic is open to KRMC® patients only and is bulk-billed for Medicare card holders.
Our Dietitian also runs free monthly Supermarket Tours for diabetic patients, advising on the D-Tick and GI symbols, the best food choices and which foods to avoid. To book a spot on the Tour, please call Reception on 8822 3000.
Join KRMC®’s Walking Group. Click here to read more.
To make an appointment at the KRMC Diabetes Clinic, please call Reception on 8822 3000.
KRMC® Clean Slate Clinic® (alcohol detox program)
The KRMC® Clean Slate Clinic, led by Dr. Amit Patel in conjunction with Dr. Nicole Sleeman, provides a discreet service for those wishing to address problem drinking. Supported by our highly-trained nurses, the Clinic offers a 10 day outpatient program, follow up consults, group support and external referrals if necessary. The program has a high success rate in cutting down / ending problem drinking and is the subject of a medical study paper.
The program is mainly bulk-billed for concession card holders, with a clinical fee applying for other clients.
To find out more about the KRMC® Clean Slate Clinic and / or to make an appointment, please call Reception on 8822 3000.
Meet the doctors who work in the KRMC® Clean Slate Clinic:
Skin Cancer Clinic
There is a risk of developing skin cancer at any time during the year, not just during the summer months. That is why it is important to have regular mole checks with a doctor.
KRMC® uses the latest mole-scanning technology which, with regular checks, enables a doctor to build up an accurate picture of changes to the skin and to detect any suspect moles. Our doctors are able to perform excisions of any moles that appear to be of concern and to send them for analysis via our on-site Pathology department.
To make an appointment at the KRMC Skin Cancer Clinic, please call Reception on 8822 3000.
Meet the doctors who work in the KRMC Skin Cancer Clinic:
KRMC's Women's Clinic is led by Dr. Carol Moon and Dr. Deepa Neswar. Together, they can advise and offer treatment in the following areas:
- Ante-natal and post-natal care
- Breast exams
- Contraception – including the pill, implants & IUDs
- Fertility & pregnancy
- PAP test
- Period problems (including heavy bleeding, irregular periods & amenorrhea
- Sexual health
To make an appointment at the KRMC Women's Clinic, please call Reception on 8822 3000.
Meet the doctors who work in the KRMC Women's Clinic: